Sunday, August 3, 2008

Field Trip

Friday afternoon, my friend, Estelle, and I took my daughter to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City for a break. We had a delicious lunch in the café, then strolled through the museum, noticing the new pieces, and reacquainting ourselves with the old ones.

I gave my daughter the camera and let her roam until she filled up the memory card. Because the flash was off, many of her photos are blurred, making for some very interesting and beautiful shots. This is the ceiling after entering the main entrance in the old building:


And this is a view from inside the peaceful, dark Hindu temple:


I also took my little journal and sketched for a few minutes inside the temple (although it was a little challenging with a child tugging on my arm at the same time :) ...


All in all, a fun day.

2 comments:

  1. you did that with her hanging on your arm? wow. i xoxo the nelson; what a great day for it. see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the boddhisatva and the luscious lips in your drawing ;)

    what a lucky girl E is to have the awesome museum-going mom to take her on trips!

    ReplyDelete