Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's a bird... it's a plane... it's Vita-Kid!



I've been asked by fellow Lawrence illustrator and friend Barry Fitzgerald to submit a piece of "food-themed" art for a show at Blue Plate Dinners (yum). So I whipped up a little piece which I'm calling Vita-Kid. (Super food for super kids.) The fun element about this show (besides all the fantastic artists who are participating) is that we've all been asked to create art that will fit inside a gallon-size zipper-top plastic bag. I can't wait to see how they will all be displayed in the store.

This piece also has a little bit to do with the efforts some fellow moms and I put forth during the last school year, campaigning for better school meals for kids in our district. I truly believe that our children will be healthier, fare better in school, and in turn, life, if they are fed better food.

P.S. Posts will continue to be slim for a while, as work is crazy here right now. I'll try to check in now and then, though.

P.P.S. The birthday party mentioned in my last post? Tons of fun. And the rainbow unicorn now has a just-as-colorful reclining fairy for a shelf-mate. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love Vita-Kid! I am proud to report that my eldest voluntarily consumed broccoli once without us asking her to! Baby steps.... Good luck with all your projects right now, make sure you get the rest you need, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will you send vita-kid to my house? please? PLEASE??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vita-kid! This is awesome. So glad to see your blog!

    ReplyDelete